top of page

Motor Vehicle Accidents

What to do when you have been injured in a car accident?

Take pictures of the scene of the accident, the damage to your vehicle, and the damage to your body (bruises, cuts, etc.).  File a police report regarding the collision.  

It is important to seek medical treatment as soon as possible- go to your family doctor or Emergency at the Hospital, if required.  Properly identifying and treating your injuries early is key to recovering as well as documenting your injuries for litigation purposes.  Your family doctor will work  with your other treating professionals (specialists, physiotherapist, massage therapist, acupuncturist, etc.) to assist you in recovery.  Your vehicle's insurance will open an Accident Benefits (Section B) file that will assist you with the cost of treatment for your injuries for a period of time after the accident.  Early legal advice can help you understand the options available to you for Accident Benefits and Disability Benefits as well as how to best preserve your rights. 


Beware of an insurance adjuster offering you early settlement of your claim as an early settlement will often not fully compensate you as it less likely to capture the full extent of your injuries.    

MF Law will take care of the document collection process and aggressively pursue all damages available to you for your bodily injury claim. 

We also offer MVA files on a contingency basis, which means we don't get paid until you get paid. 


Call Muessle Flett Law LLP today for a free consultation to more fully discuss your rights. 

bottom of page